Are you eating right upon waking? Are you grabbing the OPPORTUNITY?
ts a pleasant morning, you are up from your bed and I am sure you would want to sip on some hot coffee or tea. This is engraved in most of our minds and is in most of our culture. I have nothing against the morning tea or coffee, but what I would like to emphasize is that, everyday, the first 60 minutes after you wake up is a new OPPORTUNITY. An OPPORTUNITY to better your health. An OPPORTUNITY to ward off many health complications. Most importantly, an OPPORTUNITY to help your body perform better.
When we sleep, there is almost a minimum of 9-10 hours of break from your last meal. Over the night, the body carries out a lot of functions and prepares your body for the next beautiful day. The blood sugar levels dip, the hormones need a kick start, the enzymes need some push, the bones and muscles needs some quality nutrients and the blood needs a thinner to flow throughout the body easily. Imagine what would happen if you give a tea or coffee when the body is under this situation. Here’s what happens :
- You are adding more caffeine or tannin which would in fact add more stress to your body and increase blood pressure rather than helping the body.
- The blood sugar needs to get back on the start mode for which we must give a dose of complex carbohydrates.Instead, we are burdening the body with simple sugars and non-carbohydrate foods.
- The hormones get in action when you begin the day the right way. When the blood pressure rises and sugar level fluctuates without any control, the body is in a confused state resulting in a messed up hormonal function.
- The digestive enzymes and acids gets secreted based on how you feed yourself. Tea and coffee can aggravate the situation and give wrong signals to body resulting in secretion of less or more acids than normal thereby also affecting the enzyme activity.
- The muscle repair and bone functioning needs a proper complex carbohydrate and protein dose to get into activity and definitely tea or coffee is not something you want to begin your day with.
According to me, the first 60 minutes of your day is an “OPPORTUNITY”. Every morning, you have an opportunity to correct your health and transform towards a healthy lifestyle. What you choose to eat at this hour will definitely make a huge impact in solving most of your short term health complications and prevent from long term illnesses.
So what can you replace your tea and coffee with??
Choose to sip about 2 glasses ot warm water to begin with. Within the next 45 minutes, eat a portion of complex carbohydrates, if your breakfast is going to take time. The best is to eat a portion of fruits such as apple, papaya, melons,banana etc. If your breakfast is early, ensure you eat it within the 60 minutes after waking and let the breakfast contain complex carbohydrates such as a combination of whole cereals and fruits. This will help in warding off a lot of complications and will help you feel much better through the day!!!
Make use of the golden OPPORTUNITY everyday – THE FIRST 60 MINUTES!!!!
Of course you can sip your favorite tea or coffee later in the day 🙂 !!!